After a hard day, nothing beats relaxing in the tub with a drink, candles, and relaxing music gently in the background. But your bathroom is nothing like a spa. Spas are typically spacious, serene places. But the bathroom in your house is neither of these things. To create a spa-like ambiance, know what to add or eliminate. Here are nine (9) ways to improve your bathroom to make it feel like a spa.
Way #1 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Use a Waterproof Bath Cushion
When you’re bathing and want a spa-like experience, you want to be comfortable. One of the best ways of doing this is to use a waterproof bath cushion. The benefit of using such a waterproof bath cushion is that you don’t have to worry about being against the cold, hard tub. When choosing which one to buy, consider purchasing one that is machine washable, has a built-in hanging hook, and comes with a luxurious loofah to help you clean yourself.
Way #2 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Get a Rainforest Showerhead
Having a rainforest showerhead makes your bathroom feel like a spa because they are revitalizing to its users, with the best types feeling like being out in the rain.
Way #3 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa: Organize
One of the easiest ways of organizing is putting stuff away, out of sight, when not in use. Sometimes this can be as simple as stashing things in baskets on shelves built around the toilet or tucked away in an unused bathroom corner. For items you use daily, pour hand soaps, shampoos, lotions, and potions into matching dispensers. You can also put cotton balls and q-tips in faux glass containers. Add a “skirt” to your pedestal sink to hide necessities away. These simple organizational changes will change your bathroom’s aesthetic.
Way #4 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Change the Look
There are a few ways to change up the bathroom’s look. Change out the tile to the shower/ tub area. Even something as small as this can change how the bathroom feels. If you only have a few square feet, you might want to choose a more expensive tile.
Conversely, you may want to have a more drastic change. Maybe you want to change the palette to all white or have wood or gold accents. Whatever your choice, the idea is to have a design aesthetic in mind – how you want it to look when finished.
Way #5 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Add Some Colorful Design Elements
You might want to consider adding a framed poster, mural, or gallery wall to your design to add depth and makes it more full and welcoming.
Way #6 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Get extra fluffy towels
One of the things that are almost always on display in bathrooms are towels. Because of this, instead of minimizing the fact that the towels are there, “lean into” it by buying the fluffiest and most absorbent ones you can to help with the “spa feel.”
Way #7 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa: Add in Plants
Most spas are filled with earthy or natural tones, so add plants! What type of plants will work well in the bathroom?
- PileaPeperomioides is a tropical plant known as the Chinese money plant, pancake plant, or UFO plant. They work well in either bright or indirect lighting.
- Croton Petra Succulents are vibrant, colorful plants that exude an air of the tropics. They do require bright light, however.
- Golden Pothos is a humidity-loving vine plant that loves to travel and requires indirect light. Keep moist, or the leaves will brown.
- Aloe Vera is a medicinal succulent whose leaves are good for sunburns and irritations that requires bright light to thrive
- Calathealancifolia, aka the “Rattlesnake Plant,” is a colorful plant that does well in less indirect light.
Way #8 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa: Use Candles
Instead of bathing with your lights on, consider using scented candles to set the mood. Use a dimmer switch to assist in getting the perfect mood. Can’t find a scented candle you want to burn? Light some regular candles and use aromatherapy diffusers or directly to the tub to make it smell relaxing. What types of scents are the best for bathing?
- Lavender helps relax, balance, and relieve pain, inflammation, and headaches.
- Lemon oil makes the people using it have a more positive outlook. Furthermore, it has natural antiseptic properties that are useful for people with oily skin and may help with detoxification.
- Eucalyptus is a potent, refreshing, and stimulating oil, akin to menthol or camphor, that is used to help relieve muscle aches and pains. You may wish to mix it with other oils to lessen its strength.
Way #9 to Make Your Bathroom Feel Like a Spa:
Clean your Bathroom
If you’re trying to have a spa day, the last thing you want to worry about is looking around and seeing how dirty it is. If you keep your bathroom clean when it’s time for a spa day, the only thing on your mind is how relaxed you are.