Aadhaar is an essential document in India nowadays. Due to its importance, the data in the Aadhaar server becomes necessary, and it is mandatory to keep it updated and free of errors. The user address is one of the parts of the Aadhaar identity platform that is under constant update. To update their Aadhaar, a user must complete the Aadhaar address update form online. In addition, the platform provides the user with an acknowledgement number to monitor the progress of the Aadhaar card update status. We’ll walk you through verifying the Aadhaar card update status in this blog.
Procedure to Check the Status of Aadhaar Address Update
You can obtain and print the Acknowledgement Slip while filling in for an online update at the self-service portal of Aadhaar — “www.uidai.gov.in”. The service platform gives you the URN and SRN on this slip. Aadhaar Update Request Number (URN) and Service Request Number (SRN) are 14-digit numbers. In addition, you can quickly check the Aadhaar card update status by following the instructions below:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in.
- Go to the Aadhaar Update option found directly on the homepage.
- In the Aadhaar Update section, select “Check Status – Update done Online.”
- Enter your URN, SRN, and Aadhaar numbers. The platform will send a text verification to you. Fill it out in the box, then select “Get Status.”
Follow the below-given procedure if you visited any Aadhar enrollment centre offline to request an update:
- Visit www.uidai.gov.in.
- After that, select the Aadhar Update option from the homepage.
- In the Aadhaar Update drop-down menu, choose “Check Status – Update Requested at Enrolment Center/ECMP.”
- Input both your URN and Aadhaar numbers to know the precise scenario of the update to your Aadhaar Card.
Offline Procedure To Check Aadhaar Card Update
You must take the following actions if you want to monitor the status of your Aadhaar card update status offline:
- Visit a permanent Aadhaar centre or an enrollment centre for Aadhaar. (Your application centre may not be the same as this centre.)
- Always bring your acknowledgement slip and URN when asking for an update.
- You will get a status update from the designated person at the centre, who will let you know whether UIDAI has granted it, is still processing it, or has denied it.
Keep Updates With Your Phone
By dialling the toll-free Aadhaar helpline number at 1947, you may find out the current scenario of your Aadhaar update. The operator on the other end would require the URN, and Aadhaar number, among other ID card-related details. You get to know the status of your Aadhaar once the system processes all the information.
Procedure For The SMS-Based Updates
- This is a straightforward procedure. You just have to type — “UID STATUS”
- Leave a space, and enter the 14-digit enrollment number, or you can type — “UID STATUS”
- Leave a space, enter the 28-digit EID number, and send the message to 51969.
- You will receive a reply via SMS.
Procedure For The Postal Service
You may also find out the status of your Aadhaar update by sending a letter to the below-mentioned address with all the relevant information:
- Bangalore, India, PO-Box 1947, GPO 560001
Procedure To Check Via An Email
For questions about the status of Aadhaar updates, UIDAI maintains a fully operational email address. For your updated information, write an email to email@example.com.
The Procedure If You Lose Your Slip Of Acknowledgement
If you lose the acknowledgement slip, you can obtain your enrollment ID and the date and time of your acknowledgement by using the UIDAI website and the instructions below:
- Visit the Aadhaar official website and select “Find UID/EID.”
- Choose retrieve EID from the menu.
- Enter the necessary information, including your complete name, email address, phone number, and security code.
- Select “Get OTP” from the menu. You will receive an OTP on your registered email address or mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and press the “Verify OTP” button to verify it.
- Your enrollment number will appear once the platform verifies the OTP. You can now follow the steps with the acknowledgement slip.
The identity platform gives you a very user-friendly and flexible official document. For example, if you Link Aadhaar With Pan, it connects your identity with the country’s financial systems. It is very easy to request edits, and the blog already guides you through the procedure to know your Aadhaar card update status.