The number of online stores is growing rapidly as more and more people choose to use online platforms to run their businesses. Even a brick-and-mortar store owner tries to create an online presence to connect with as many buyers as possible. Retail stores have lost their customers, while online stores have gained many users over the years. According to Statista, there are more than 2 billion digital shoppers, which shows how online stores are growing. In our post today, we will break down the eCommerce website domain and the best CMS options along with a brief discussion of their features.
Creating an online store can be extremely painstaking. Fortunately, web development techniques have evolved over the past few years. Instead of running for very expensive custom development services, e-commerce websites can now be built using a CMS. A CMS or content management system offers a predefined set of tools needed to create online shopping portals.
However, using these platforms requires prior knowledge of web design and development. You can even consider hiring an eCommerce website development company in UK. In any case, you need to look for a professional alliance to ensure that you are investing your money properly in web design and development solutions.
CMS eCommerce website development is a really effective way to jump-start your online shopping business. However, choosing the right content management system can be difficult due to the vast array of options available on the web. Here we have listed a few alternatives that you might want to consider as the best CMS for eCommerce websites.
List of best CMS for eCommerce website
Magento was officially founded in 2008 as one of the adobe businesses. It is one of the popular CMS platforms for online website development. Almost 7,80,000 websites are currently running on this platform, including some of the biggest brands like Ford, Helly Hansen, Coca-Cola, etc. Magento has some extremely powerful features that make it the most suitable CMS for eCommerce websites.
Best Magento Features for eCommerce Website Development
- Content customization and product-based promotions
- The personalized customer shopping experience
- Simplified management techniques with the right product recommendations
- Highly intuitive order and inventory management
- Suitable for multi-channel marketing
- A mobile-responsive platform for efficient expansion
- Advanced search engine optimization
- Easy editing, preview, and scheduling options
- An open-source platform for the development of an online store
- With this, the platform can be turned into a multilingual interface
- Different ways to gain insight into sales and buyer engagement
- Full customization with optimized admin controls
- Availability of resources to fully understand the site
- It is important for non-technical people to use Magento without any professional help.
- Magento development can be a bit more expensive than other CMS.
Shopify is a leading e-commerce platform that you may have heard about through advertisements on TV and social media. It helps SMEs to set up an online store and manage products, labels, shipping, collection, etc. with a maximum response. Shopify is popularly known as one of the leading CMS options for e-commerce websites.
Best Shopify Features for eCommerce Web Design & Development Solutions
- Easily customizable interpretation with different themes
- One-click setup for multiple orders
- Built-in SEO to reduce marketing efforts
- A wide range of custom tools
- Setting up a mobile store for businesses with an expanding customer base
- Customization of the store for selling on social networks
- Shopify is a simplified CMS platform and you don’t need any technical knowledge to run your website on Shopify.
- A wide range of eCommerce themes creates a gateway for creative store design.
- Robust customer support is another benefit of using Shopify.
- Lack of flexibility compared to other customizable eCommerce website CMS options.
- You may have to pay for your favorite Shopify eCommerce website theme.
- Its mobile support is only available in the US, New Zealand, UK, and Australia.
PrestaShop is a CMS platform that helps e-commerce businesses with multiple online solutions for their digital presence. Currently, PrestaShop is used by over 3,00,000 online stores worldwide. It has more than 600 features that are useful for an online store in its growing phase. However, you will need the help of an eCommerce website development company in UK that knows how to maximize ROI with the best PrestaShop CMS features.
Main features of PrestaShop for eCommerce development services
- Instantly set up menus and layouts for products
- Customized categories based on the user’s purchasing behavior
- Simplified registration and login processes for users
- Expedient negotiation of discounts based on the buyer’s purchases
- Quantity customization and automatic settings applicable to certain products
- User friendly interface
- Free to download and upload the host
- Custom themes and extensions
- Safe and reliable payment options
- Advanced search features for higher engagement
- PrestaShop is not as scalable as other eCommerce CMS options.
- Customer support is not that trustworthy.
- Some of its tools and accessories are expensive.
WooCommerce is the top CMS for eCommerce websites, hosting more than 28% of all online sites. It offers more than 1300 themes and 300+ free and paid extensions. It was introduced in 2011 by a company called “WooTheme”. WooTheme has developed some advanced features that are easy to operate for administrators and users.
WooCommerce compatible functionality for online store development
- Quick and easy store setup
- Flexible and secure payment method configuration
- Easy order management with modernized WooCommerce design
- Clever addition and customization of product categories
- Apart from the free WordPress plugin, it also comes with many other useful options that do not cost a cent.
- It is an easy-to-use CMS solution compared to other painstaking platforms.
- Instant setup of themes and extensions is possible with this CMS.
- A brief knowledge of WordPress is essential.
- Some major extensions come with a price.
- WooCommerce only works with WordPress themes.
CS-Cart is one of the most popular e-commerce web development services in India. It is a robust, flexible, and full-featured CMS platform that allows you to build your business’s online presence. As more and more people are turning to customized platforms to create a digital existence, choosing the right platform is vital. And CS-Cart is one such powerful platform with all its essential features.
CS-Cart features for eCommerce platform design
- It offers buyers a simple payment process.
- Taxes are set automatically based on the buyer’s location.
- CS-Cart is known for making a promise of security to website users.
- A built-in layout manager is available in CS-Cart.
- There are several mobile-optimized stores.
- It has countless product categories and listings.
- There are several built-in marketing tools and multilingual options.
- There are more than 200 themes and more than 50 plugins available in this CMS.
- After 30 days it demands payment with additional fees.
Final thoughts on the best CMS alternatives for an eCommerce website
This was a roundup of the top 5 CMS options for eCommerce websites that meet the needs of a thriving retail brand. As a growing shopping-based business, you may want to go through this exact list of features, pros, and cons to find out the best CMS alternative for your digital store. You can also consider eCommerce website migration services to revamp your existing website and rediscover the experience of Trank Technologies and its trusted eCommerce web developers.